We respect your privacy
Lyon technics Pty Ltd: ABN 12 063 033 134 (‘Lyon technics’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) respects your privacy. We are committed to protecting the Personal Information of all users and visitors to this website: www.lyontechnics.com.au(‘Website’). We are also committed to protecting the Personal Information of all individuals we interact with in the conduct of our business, including but not limited to our clients, employees, prospective employees, business contacts, and third party service providers..
By ‘Personal Information’ we mean information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘Privacy Act’).
What Personal Information we collect
The type of Personal Information we collect from you depends on the context in which you interact with us. Personal Information we collect may include your:
- Full name, date and place of birth, address(es), telephone number(s), electronic address(es) and other contact details.
- Business name, ABN and ACN.
- Financial details such as credit card information.
- Demographic information, such as your suburb, postcode, preferences and interests.
- Communications, enquiries or interactionswith us.
- Your login details for social media sites, including user name and password.
- Employment and professional background such as employer, occupation, role or position, qualifications, training records, licences and tax file number.
- Any other information you supply to us.
We may collect information about your use and interaction with our Website to protect you from fraudulent activities and to prevent your Personal Information being exploited. Accordingly, we may collect technical information from your computer, mobile, tablet or other device/technology to identify any malicious, fraudulent, illegitimate or illegal activities.
How we collect Personal Information
Lyon Technics collects Personal Information from youusing lawful and fair means. Personal Information we collect from you directly, includes when you:
- Visit, browse, access, sign up for or use the services, features, contact/request forms or functions offered on our Website.
- Submit your Personal Information on our Website.
- Sign up to our marketing communications.
- Contact us by telephone, email, mail or in person.
- Contact us or submit your Personal Information through our social media and blog pages.
- Participate in a survey or submit feedback.
- Enter a competition or promotion.
- Interact with us, our third party service providers or suppliers in any manner relating to the conduct of our business.
- Are employed or apply for employment with us.
We may obtain Personal Information about you from third parties, related companies, credit reporting bodies, identity verification services and publicly or commercially available sources, for the purpose of complying with applicablelaws.
We may obtain Personal Information if you participate in a competition or promotion, which is conducted by us directly or through a third party service provider.
If you are employed or apply for employment with us, we may obtain Personal Information about you directly or from third parties such as recruitment agencies, employment agencies and referees. Further, we may require you to provide us with a National Police Check.
How we use Personal Information
We use Personal Information to:
- Supply you with the services, benefits or features you have requested.
- Identify clients and provide support.
- Communicate with you regarding our services, benefits or features you have requested.
- Contact you by telephone, email messaging, mobile messaging (SMS/MMS), mail or any other forms of contact you supply to us.
- Carry out accounting, billing and administrative functions.
- Process authorised financial transactions.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems on our Website.
- Delivertargeted marketing communications about our services, benefits or features, including direct marketing.
- Inform you of competitions, promotions, offers or additional benefits.
- Invite you to participate in our events or surveys.
- Conduct market research.
- Marketand promote our business, products, services, benefits or features. If you submit comments on our Websiteabout our services, you consent for us to use your comments on our Website and any other marketing collateral, in which we will identify you only by your first name.
- Notify you of service, security, privacy and other updates relating to our Website.
- Manage, support, improve or develop our business.
- Undertake statistical and analytical functions.
- Consider you for employment at Lyon Technics.
- Monitor, measure and improve satisfaction of our services.
- Measure activity, improve and develop our Website.
- Facilitate the process involved in enabling a sale or merger, if Lyon Technics is sold to or merges with another company.
- Conduct fraud monitoring, detection and prevention activities.
- Satisfy our legal and regulatory obligations, including with our third party service providers and suppliers.
- Protect our lawful interests, investigate and prevent potentially illegal activities.
- Comply with applicable laws.
- Pursue our legitimate business interests and as isreasonably necessary in the conduct of our business.
- Lyon Technics does not buy or sell Personal Information.
How we store and protect Personal Information
We store Personal Information in electronic form on our internal database, which is held on our onlineserver.We also store Personal Information with third party service providers, including:CRM system providers such as Insightly; project management providers such as Monday; and storage providers such as Google Drive andDropbox.
Your Personal Information is subject to access controls. Our authorised administrator users have full access to Personal Information. All other Lyon Technics employees and our third party service providers have restricted access to Personal Information, limited to a need-to-know basisdepending on the function or job they perform and the services they provide to you.
We may combine or link Personal Information we already hold about you to other Personal Information we collect about you.
We take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to store your Personal Information safely and protect it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modificationor disclosure.Examples include:monitoring Lyon Technics employees to their access to Personal Information and auditing our third party service providers to ensure their access to Personal Information is limited to a need-to-know basis depending on the function or job they perform.
We retain your Personal Information if we are providing you with services, benefits or features you have requested. We may retain your Personal Information after we cease providing you with our services, benefits or features for the purposes of complying with legal, taxation, accounting and financial reporting requirements and for monitoring, detecting and preventing fraudulent or illegal activities.We retain data in line with limitation periods and obligations required by applicable laws. If your Personal Information is no longer required, we take reasonable steps to ensure it is not compromised. In such circumstances, we securely destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information, unless we are required to retain the information under applicable laws.
No data transmission or storage system is guaranteed as entirely secure. Irrespective of our reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information, we cannot take responsibility or guarantee the security of any Personal Information you send to or receive from us. We are not liable for any misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modificationor disclosure of your Personal Information. Any Personal Information you transmit to us is at your own risk.
How we disclose Personal Information
- Our related companies, employees and third party service providers.
- Our service providers, suppliers and professional advisors who assist in the conduct of our business, such as development or hosting of our Website, credit reporting, fraud prevention, identity verification, marketing and promotion, market research, statistics and analytics, customer service, debt recovery, legal, accounting, auditing, business consulting or technology services.
- Referees you have nominated when applying for employment with us.
- A company intending to acquire, invest or merge with us.
- Other parties where you have provided your express consent or direction.
We may disclose Personal Information with third party service providers or other parties located overseas, in the United States, United Kingdom, India and Philippines.
We will disclose Personal Information to law enforcement, government authorities or other third parties, as authorised by applicable laws or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act. For example:in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal obligation; where we have reasonable grounds to suspect unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature is being, or may be engaged in; or where we reasonably believethat disclosure is necessary to prevent fraudulent or illegal activities relating to Lyon Technics’s services, benefits or features.
Lyon Technics uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service, to collect, monitor and analyse information about users and visitors to our Website. Google Analytics transmits and stores our Website’s traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics provides us with reports which assist us in understanding our Website’s usage and traffic. Google Analytics does not personally identify you as the user or correlate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Links to external websites
Lyon Technics may send you marketing communications, including direct marketing by telephone, email messaging, mobile messaging (SMS/MMS), mail or any other forms of contact you supply to us.You may opt out of receiving marketing communications by notifying us using the details in the Contact section below, by clicking the unsubscribe linkinour email messages or as indicated in our mobile messages (SMS/MMS).
Accessing, correcting and updating Personal Information
You can contact Lyon Technics to access, correct, or update Personal Information we hold about you. If you request access to Personal Information, we will endeavour to make it available to you within 30 days, unless giving access is unlawful or we are subject to restrictions or we are required to process your request earlier under applicable laws.
It is important your Personal Information is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Information changes. We will take reasonable steps to ensure Personal Information we collect, use, store and disclose is correct,current and complete.
If you request to correct or updatePersonal Information, we will correct, update, or, if we consider itmore appropriate, note your request for amendment of Personal Information on your record.
You can access, correct or update Personal Information by using the details in the Contact section below.
To access, correct or update Personal Information you must verify your identity by providing your full name, address and contact details, together with 100 points of identification.
If you have a complaint about the way we handle your Personal Information, you can contact ususing the details in the Contact section below. We will consider your complaint and take all reasonable steps to remedy any issues. We will endeavour to respond to you within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
The Privacy Officer
Lyon Technics Pty Ltd
HEAD OFFICE : Unit 15/3 Hamley Rd, Mt Kuring-Gai NSW 2080
ERINA : PO Box 3098 Erina NSW 2250
SOMERSBY : 821 Wiesmans Ferry Rd Somersby NSW 2250
SYDNEY, CBD : Level 2, 35 Clarence Street, Sydney 2000